MINUTES OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 9th JANUARY 2018
AT MORLAIX, SCHOOL LANE, STOURMOUTH
Present: Cllrs. Mike Coleman, Janet Jeffrie, Nick Church and Sheila Bligh.
Clerk P. Coleman
The current financial position for 2017-2018 was reviewed. The remaining proposed expenditure left the reserves intact with an estimated roll-over balance of £500. Key items are another defibrillator, cabinet and bench.
The estimated cost of ongoing items of expenditure in 2018-2019 were reviewed with an overall estimated increase of 2.5 – 3.0%. A draft expenditure plan for 2018-2019 was reviewed which incorporated:
- A 2.8% increase in ongoing costs.
- Maintaining reserve funds at the current level.
- Approximately £2,500 for village projects.
- An end-of-year roll-over of about £400.
- A precept increased by 3%.
The precept was discussed and it was agreed that there needed to be an increase to compensate for the loss of the parish grant and increases in ongoing costs. Cllr Jeffrie proposed a 3% increase which was seconded by Cllr Bligh and all agreed.
The extraordinary Parish Council meeting reconvened and reviewed the plan for 2018-2019. The plan was agreed and that it incorporated the increase in the Clerk’s pay. Proposed by Cllr Jeffrie, seconded by Cllr Bligh and all agreed. Cllr Coleman said that the council needed to identify the detailed village projects to match the proposed expenditure. Items suggested/required so far:
- Funding of land transfer (bus shelter)
- Commemoration plaque by bus shelter.
- Renewal of information signs and some holders.
- Additional benches.
- Memorial to past chairmen/councillors
The meeting concluded at 8.40pm